- For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
Cookies and online privacy
- We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. By placing an order, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure.
- The placing of an order anywhere on our website does not constitute a contract, which is made only when we accept your order and process payment.
- We reserve the right not to accept any order.
- All goods are offered subject to availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of specific vintages.
- Products sold to trade customers are only for resale within the EEA.
Our Sommelier Ltd is here to look after you and your guest. We will always do our best to provide a 5 Star Service with our No Quibble Guarantee.
- Our website checks stock against our distribution center stock at time of purchase.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of any product listed on our site.
- In the event that a product is unavailable, we shall contact you to arrange replacement, or another acceptable arrangement for the completion of your order if substitutions has not been agreed.
- We do our utmost to ensure that all information on our website is accurate. However, wines by their very nature have a limited availability, so from time to time, there may be variation in vintage and ABV’s both online and in your home. Should you receive a wine you are not happy with we, offer a “No Quibble Guarantee” and you’ll be offered a replacement or a refund – no questions asked! We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
When opting for substitutions, meaning if a product within a completed order is unavailable, we shall replace that product with another of a similar or higher value.
- Standard Delivery – We normally guarantee delivery within 4 working days of your order except where indicated. However, during peak periods this may be extended. Standard delivery is only available for orders of six or more bottles of wine, spirits and/or Champagne. Beer will be delivered on top of an order of 6 bottles. We recommend that orders of a high value are fulfilled via the standard store delivery method, as this is a signed for service, which is booked for a time to suit you.
- Express Delivery – Express delivery is an additional charged.
The courier will leave your order in a safe place, otherwise must be indicated by you if they are unable to successfully deliver. Express delivery
- All prices are inclusive of UK VAT.
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available.
- Although we endeavor to ensure that all pricing information on this website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mis-priced. If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, we will either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order. Where an end date is specified on any offer on the website, it is intended as a guide only. We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
Cancelation and complaints
- You may cancel your order at any time until 14 working days after delivery. Should you decide to cancel, all charges to you will be refunded as soon as the goods are returned to us in merchantable condition.
- In the event of complaint please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All complaints will be acknowledged within 48 hours and you can expect a full resolution of your complaint within a further 72 hours. You will be kept informed if there is any delay beyond this. Each complaint will be treated as confidential.
Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions applying to purchasing of vintage fine wine sales only and are the basis of which orders to Our Sommelier Limited are accepted.
Unless otherwise stated, all our prices are:
- Offered in Pounds Sterling
- Per case or per bottle (BT) as indicated
- Exclusive of V.A.T. and duty
- Exclusive of delivery charges
- Provisional and subject to our confirmation, upon acceptance of order
Payment is due on invoice, and may be by bank transfer or U.K. cheque (allow 5 working days for cheques to clear). Approved trade accounts may be paid by 30 day post dated cheque. Until all sums due to us have been paid we shall be entitled to retain possession of any goods to which you would otherwise be entitled. If any payment is overdue we shall be entitled to suspend deliveries/collections.
Title & Risk
We shall retain title to all goods (other than goods in your direct physical possession following delivery or collection and payment in full for those goods) sold by us until all the sums due from you in respect of any order have been paid. Risk in all goods shall pass to you as soon as we notify you that they are available and earmarked under your order. If goods within our ownership are held by any third party on your behalf you will upon our request instruct that third party to hold the goods to our order.
Delivery & Storage
Any indication as to when wines will be available for delivery or collection is an estimate only and is not intended to be contractually binding. We will notify you once wines are available and you must give at least 48 hours’ notice before collection. We may arrange national or international transport as your agent at the rates of charge indicated. We shall be entitled to claim a storage and administration charge of 70 pence per case (excl. VAT) per calendar month (or part thereof) for goods that have not been collected/delivered within three months of being available.
It is your obligation to inspect goods immediately upon receipt and notify either ourselves or the carrier immediately of any shortage or damage. In the absence of any notification within three days the shortage, damage or any other deficiency will be deemed to have occurred after delivery to you.
- a) If any payment is overdue for four weeks or the goods have not been collected within three months of being available, or there is an earlier indication from you that payment will not be made or the goods will not be collected, we shall be entitled to send written notice to the invoice address of our intention to deal with, sell or otherwise dispose of the goods and 10 days thereafter we shall be at liberty to do so. Any method of resale is entirely at our discretion.
- b) Upon resale you will receive a credit of the net proceeds of the resale less 20%. Such credit shall be limited to the amount of your indebtedness to us. Any balance after the credit shall remain payable by you and shall continue to carry interest.
The existence of this right does not affect any other remedies we would have.
- We shall not be liable for any failure to meet our obligations occasioned by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
Description & Quality
We undertake the proper safekeeping and storage of wines in our possession and will act in good faith when purchasing wine, but we will not be responsible for the state and condition of wines or whether the wine corresponds to the qualities which might be expected from its description. At our complete discretion, we will consider replacing the remainder of any case sold which is undrinkable.
The placing and accepting of verbal orders shall form a contract on these terms, conditional upon our written confirmation of order which may be by the delivery of an invoice.
All contracts are subject to English law and jurisdiction. All wines are offered subject to market movement and remaining unsold.
Our Sommelier collect, use and are responsible for personal information we obtain from you. We are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which apply across the European Union (including the UK).
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities.
What personal data is collected
Our Sommelier is a service provider and we may collect personal information from you in order to deliver our service, including: –
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Property address
- Details of your service requirements
- Invoice payment details
We only collect personal information when we have a legitimate business requirement to do so.
How do we collect data
The data that we have collected and hold securely has come from several sources, which are listed below:-
- Contact provided via website, social media or other digital mediums
- Signed up via our mailing list subscription
- Contact made regarding recruitment opportunities
- Data compliant agency
- Agent or other such business acting on your behalf
- Exhibitions, events and networking
- Business meetings
- Through direct contact with customers
The personal data we hold has been provided with consent. However, if you feel that you are on our list and have not provided consent, then please contact us. We encourage you to contact us if you have any concerns, wish to be removed or gain access to the data we hold.
How do we use data
We collect personal information about you so that we can provide our services, communicate and share any related information you may request. We may also use this personal information for purposes related to our service including:-
- To administer our service.
- Notify you of any changes to an appointment, service or product.
- Verify your identity or check personal details are up to date.
- To take payment from you for the services which we provide.
- To arrange and carry out delivery of goods.
- To better understand your requirements and provide you with services specific to your needs.
- To help answer any questions which you have asked us to respond to
- Communicate with you about relevant services
- To provide you with general updates in relation to the market
- Carry out feedback requests to help us improve our service to you
- To provide you with information and marketing, which we reasonably believe may be
- Relevant to you based on the services we have provided to you.
- To comply with applicable laws where we are obliged to retain and/or disclose certain information.
- To investigate complaints or claims relating to your use of our services.
- For internal and external auditing purposes.
Disclosure of personal data
The information you provide to us will be held on our secure GDPR compliant servers, systems and computers. Personal data may be accessed by or given to our staff or to any member of Our Sommelier for the purposes set out in this Privacy Data Protection policy or for other purposes approved by you.
We may also provide your personal information to other companies for the purposes of administering our services, which includes: –
- Third parties and their associated companies as part of delivering our services to you
- Third party organisations that provide applications, functionality, IT services, internal operating
- Software to manage customer appointments, cloud-based storage, e-mail providers such as outlook and communication platforms.
- Debt collection companies to assist us in collecting any monies which you owe to us where payment is overdue.
- Our professional advisers, for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Third parties as necessary in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services.
Our Sommelier do not sell or otherwise share or release your personal data to any third party for the purpose of allowing them to market their services or products.
How we protect your data
Our Sommelier is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We safeguard your personal data by using secure data storage and systems that meet the GDPR compliance requirements. We also use the professional services of contractors to maintain, upgrade and manage our online, website, server storage, e-mail security and anti-virus software. However, although we take reasonable precautions to protect access from unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, the internet is not a 100% secure environment.
Under the GDPR compliance requirements we shall advise you at the first available opportunity should your data be stolen, accessed, copied, used or authorised in an unlawful manor.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information, such as to avoid sending confidential information over unsecure email.
You have rights in relation to your personal information. This is subject to certain exemptions and legal requirements for us to hold your data for tax, audits and legal reasons.
Your rights include: –
- Access to personal information
- To object to the processing, storage or how we use your personal data.
- To rectify or erase personal information
- To restrict the processing of your personal data
- To obtain a copy of the personal data we store
- To lodge a complaint with the ICO
Please contact us if you require further information. We will aim to respond to any requests for information promptly and within the legally required time limits under the GDPR (30 days).
Further details of your rights can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), they can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or by their website www.ico.org.uk.
How to change the information we hold
We are legally required to ensure that the data we hold is accurate and up to date. If we discover that data is incorrect then we will correct it or remove it as necessary. If your situation changes and the information that we provide is no longer relevant, then please contact us so that we can act accordingly.
There are various legal requirements and professional guidelines about keeping certain kinds of records, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes, or information on aspects of health and safety. We only keep personal data to comply with a requirement like this, or if we believe your data to still be accurate or believe you to be a valued customer of ours.
We consider our data retention in the following ways:-
- Review the length of time we keep your personal data;
- Consider the purpose or purposes we hold the information for in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it
- Securely delete information that is no longer needed for this purpose or these purposes; and Update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR requirements.
We may hold the following information about you within our systems such as: –
- Email address
- Telephone number
- I.P address
- Subscription time and date
We may also contact you in future by phone, mail or other marketing methods, such as social media. We only do so where we reasonably believe that there are additional services or products in which You may be interested or relevant to you. We always ensure you have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us.
Website and Cookies
If you have any complaints concerning Our Sommelier processing of your personal data, please contact our data controller via the details below:-
Our Sommelier Ltd
17 Hanover Square
We will always react accordingly to any complaint and look to resolve any issues promptly. However, please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority which is responsible for the protection of personal data.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK body responsible for protection of personal data, they can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or via their website www.ico.org.uk.
Data controller and contact information
The data controller is Our Sommelier, 17 Hanover Square, Mayfair, London, W1S 1HU. If you have any questions or would like to discuss any part of this policy, please contact us via:
By e-mail: email@example.com
By phone: 0207 518 0370
By letter: Our Sommelier, Data Control Officer, 17 Hanover Square, Mayfair, London, W1S 1HU.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 21st November 2019.